Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back from London minus one Pig

Well we made it back. We had a great trip back. I was able to get one last run in, I ran by Big Ben and then turned down the Thames for the final time, I crossed at Blackfriers. I passed another jogger who i think was an American, in some sort of weird way I thought, this is probably what a lot of visitors do when they come to England run along the Thames i felt that i was passing a torch.

The only casualty we suffered was my daughters stuffed pig got folded up in the sofa bed. We discovered this last night unpacking while we were unpacking at home. We called the Hotel were we stayed and nothing had been discovered it was 4:00 a.m. their time. I woke up at midnight and called it was now 8:00 a.m. their time still no sign of the pig. Sandy called back at 2:00 a.m. our time and received good news, Piggy had been found! We made arrangements for transport and included a reward.

The hotel staff was very nice and really made the trip a lot of fun. Every morning I would check in with the front desk so they could open the door for me to go on my predawn runs, and let me in when i was finished. At the Continental Breakfast they were very helpful friendly.

During our stay i really enjoyed going down to Greenwich and seeing the Prime Meridian. It was almost by accident. We caught a river cruise down and hopped off at Greenwich and walked up the observatory where the world gets it time.

No comments: